Chronic pain is a widespread condition affecting millions of people worldwide. But here’s the good news! It can be cured with some traditional therapies that have been practiced through centuries. So here we introduce you to an alternative treatment approach offered by ZhaoTCM- a top-rated Chinese Medicine Care Clinic in Calgary-Alberta.
Understanding Chronic Pain And Its Common Causes
Post-surgery or injury-related pain is a prevalent cause of chronic pain. When the body undergoes surgery or experiences an injury, the healing process can often result in lingering pain that persists long after the initial trauma. This type of chronic pain can be excruciating as it may involve multiple factors, including scar tissue formation, nerve damage, and altered mechanics of the affected area. Individuals who have endured surgery due to an injury should consult with healthcare professionals to develop a complete treatment plan to address the specific causes and manage their chronic pain effectively. Here are some conditions and causes of Chronic Pain that the majority of people experience:
- Musculoskeletal conditions: Arthritis, fibromyalgia, and back pain
- Nerve-related conditions: Neuralgia, trapped nerves, and neuropathy
- Chronic headaches: Migraines and tension headaches
- Autoimmune disorders: Rheumatoid arthritis, lupus, and multiple sclerosis
- Post-surgery or injury-related pain
Identifying Chronic Pain Signs and Symptoms
Chronic pain can manifest in various ways and impact multiple aspects of an individual’s life. It is essential to note the signs and symptoms of chronic pain to seek appropriate care and treatment. Here are key indicators to help identify chronic pain:
- Persistent Pain: Chronic pain is characterized by ongoing pain that persists for more than three months. It may be present in specific areas of the body or spread throughout different regions.
- Recurring or Intermittent Pain: Chronic pain can be episodic, with periods of intense pain followed by periods of relative relief. It may recur or flare up repeatedly over time.
- Changes in Pain Presentation: Individuals with chronic pain often report changes in the pain sensations, such as sharp, dull, burning, or throbbing sensations, which may vary in intensity.
- Impact on Daily Life: Chronic pain can significantly affect daily activities, including work, hobbies, and personal relationships. It may lead to difficulties sleeping, reduced mobility, fatigue, and mood disturbances.
- Emotional and Psychological Symptoms: People experiencing chronic pain may also suffer from emotional and psychological distress, such as depression, anxiety, irritability, and difficulty concentrating.
- Multiple Body Systems Affected: Chronic pain can involve various body systems, including musculoskeletal, neurological, and immune systems. It may be associated with conditions like arthritis, fibromyalgia, or neuropathy.
Chronic Pain Management
Treatments for chronic pain encompass a range of approaches designed for alleviating pain and improving quality of life. Medicines such as pain relievers, anti-inflammatory drugs, and opioids may be prescribed to manage pain levels. Physical therapy plays a crucial role in chronic pain management, including exercises, stretches, and rehabilitation programs to enhance mobility and reduce discomfort. Cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT) addresses the emotional and mental aspects of pain, helping individuals develop coping strategies and promote better mental well-being.
In some cases, interventional procedures like nerve blocks, injections, or spinal cord stimulation may be recommended to aim the source of the pain directly. These treatment modalities, when administered by medical professionals, can significantly aid in the management of chronic pain. Individuals need to work closely with their healthcare providers to develop an integrated treatment plan tailored to their specific needs.
How Do Chinese Medicine Care Clinics Are A Source of Help?
Chinese Medicine Care clinics offer an alternative approach to chronic pain management, focusing on holistic healing. The experts are very skilled and are offering successful treatments every day to a large number of patients. Their methods are extremely professional and also very effective. They employ the following methods:
- Aiming to rebalance the flow of energy (Qi) within the body
- Involves the addition of thin needles into specific acupoints
- Helps alleviate pain, reduce inflammation, and promote relaxation
2. Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM):
- Consists of herbal medicine, dietary therapy, and lifestyle adjustments
- Herbs are prescribed based on individual diagnosis and pain type
- Encourages overall well-being and harmony within the body
Chinese Medicine Care clinics prioritize personalized care and offer a comprehensive treatment plan for chronic pain sufferers. By tapping into the body’s natural healing mechanisms, patients may experience relief and improved quality of life.
Chronic Pain Is Curable With The Right Treatment
Chronic pain can significantly affect one’s daily activities and overall well-being. While conventional treatments are often effective, alternative methods like Acupuncture are great for managing chronic pain. Chinese Medicine Care clinics provide a holistic approach that addresses the underlying reasons for pain and promotes harmony in the body. If you’re looking for one near your area, we are happy to help. We have successfully treated over 10,000 patients since opening our clinic in 2000.